A tenant of success in business is relationship nurturing, building, tending and sustaining. Yet in today’s wired world, it’s easy to spend too much time with surface level interactions. One of the many skills that we must maintain is the skills of active listening, authentic conversations and integrity. Easier said than done in today’s world, yet must be a core competency we focus on.
One of my secret ingredients that I share with community managers in my coaching sessions it that of an earnest commitment in your businesses, communities or lives to ensure that people are the base ingredient for your success.
In our practice of daily mantras, meditation or simply during our to do list review, I suggest you ask yourself the following questions:
- Who will you motivate today?
- Who will you recognize?
- How many direct customer, partner and employee conversations can you spark?
- How can you inspire your colleagues, team or company in a new way?
- How can you make the mundane more ‘fun’?
- Can you listen in the moment with your customers, partners, employees or prospects today?